Wednesday, January 19, 2011

NOT-SO-ME STATE OF MIND!



Am trying to find words, string sentences together to express what it is like been me some days. Those days when it seems like the whole idea of been myself is messed up. Like i should just hood-up and act like Jay-Z for the whole day,white tees and a big jeans,timberland boots and stride along like a real gee or act out all my arrogance like am Kanye West (and from the West,that can help), simple dress sense matched up with the most arrogant behavior this side of the universe has ever seen (and will still see more of if nobody puts up a fight for the position) and put it all in the world's face like it is none of my business or maybe be a fresh prince like the one Will Smith, become laid back and watch as my family blossom and eventually become a dynasty in the entertainment industry.

On these days, it might just pay to be a ganja planter like Terry G,scatter my 'dada' for no sane reason and mix up beat with no cohesion while waxing some lyrical jargons i will never be able to explain, ever!. Maybe a Kelly Hansome attitude is what i need, do a diss song for the fun of it and call every body including M.I Abaga a maga just to keep me relevant and my ebbing flame from going off so somebody in the generations can say i stood up for a generation (in my mind). But then even the life(s) of these celebrities am trying to be on a not-so-me day will thorough fail because even if i act it all up like am Jay-Z, i would not have all the money he has and neither will i become Mr Beyonce or even own a studio in Hawaii like Kanye does and neither will i have a Jada Pinket to watch my family ‘blow’ with. Neither will a Terry G state of mind really kick in cause i cannot even roll up a rizla and light some puff ups even if i try kanaku (weed rolled with ordinary paper), it might just been the end of me, hence no day to talk about per say and we all know the Kelly Hansome person will never be complete without some form of ‘Yahooism’ being in play, God help me if EFCC’s red eagle eye is alert on that day, its another day of not been me ending my world like it is the movie 2012.

Boy, is it not just better to be me even on a not-so-me day? try all i can to merge the not-so-me in me and I together and see what mix it gives? It might even be the birth of a new swag and i can form a new alliance, become the head of a new breed called ‘the not-so-me in me’ and even have a rock band to go with it, have collabos with the greats and the not so great, make music that is totally senseless but gets me 5 Grammies nominations and i actually win them all! Okay stop, end of day dream. But the truth is even on my not-so-me day i am still me. Yes, i know it is funny and the words are tongue twisting at times but on a not-so-me day i will try to still stay me.

It is better imagined than lived is what i conclude after all, been them- the celebrities, i mean cannot be all the fun that we all make it out to be ‘jare’. I think even on some days they will prefer been me for a change, a role reversal, become the one being that they do not want to live like the whole of their life. How many people will give up day to just become Mr Bean but then ask them to be that man for the rest of their life, no way sir!

It is what it is-my life, like the two sides of a coin, though simple on some days and complicated on some but then, i will still remain the same insignificant me,yes you heard right,that insignificant me and remember it is just on days like this, the not-so-me days that i feel irrelevant, on my own day, even Jay-Z will jerk my style.

No comments:

Post a Comment